Feedbacks

Feedback from Arda

« Older   Newer »

1. ardah

User deleted

Hey All!

I'll leave the group for now since I'd like to move on with my life and decrease distractions and concentrate on the stuff that I am interested in. It was great meeting and working with you guys and hopefully you'd succeed in next years events. Although I haven't done much I have few things to tell for constructive feedback. Also after seeing the organisational structure in team Revolve(another team) I'll share some stuff that I think you guys can make use of.

1)Team here is using a communication platform called Slack(which has android, ios, windows, macos versions, a lot of start ups use it too). The benefit of using would be having different channels, threads that people can communicate, decrease the amount of extra info that people are exposed to which are unnecessary. Only work related communication would be done there rather then 2 people joking or talking about something 60 other people don't need to read their messages(about your food or woman or etc.).

2)For the transfer of knowledge, the confluence is used, which is a service of atlassian.com. Which there is sort of a wikipedia page of the car where all parts(every single part) are divided and documented(ex: 1.1 Mechanical Documentation under that 1.1.1 Monocoque, 1.1.2 Impact Attenuator and so forth, for every single detail) I don't think google drive is good enough to browse.

3)Before the recruitment, the core group(the leaders of the divisions) sits together and decides(estimates) realistically how many people they need and which position they need that person for. (Ex: Aerodynamics: -1 person for front wing, 1 person for rear wing, 2 people for diffuser etc...)

4)Another thing that is done is "Boot Camp" phase. It is for the new comers( after the new people are recruited) where there are 2 intensive weeks where all newcomers and almost all need to attend. Old members in the subgroups prepare presentations and do classes on their speciality.(Ex: X person does a presentation on how accumulator works, parts, development, related rules(not all the rules) Y person does a presentation on how front wing is designed and related rules so that transfer of knowledge rate is high).

5)Although little changes on the existing system(car) sounds better(for you guys) if new people do not design and re-iterate on the previous designs what would they learn? They would be trying to fix the mess of previous people(which can be a very good design or can be a rubbish) rather then doing a better new design based on the existing design. I am always in for redesigning stuff from beginning having the previous design on hand and knowing the flaws(feasibility depends on economics, and parts).

6)I think it is fundamental for the team to sit and work together at a place(like you guys are trying to get, following the forum). If it is not possible to have a room just for Fast Charge(24/7), there can be times(ex: wednesday, thursday in between 17:00-19:00 in XX place, it could be work time for ALL the team where people sit in Aula XY and work together and do their design, simulation together).

7)Google Calendar can be used for events to inform all the people.

8)Monthly meetings inside each division(reparto) and feedback from all and monthly meetings with the leaders(2 seperate monthly meetings I mean and feedback from everyone). Setting new goals, for the upcoming month and assessing the progress in the past month inside each division, assessing the overall progress in the past month(in the leaders meeting).

9) Having 1 person who is following all the money related issues(not sure we already have someone or not)

10) To have some kind of incentive for the newcomers (I'm not sure whether it is possible or not), there could be a possibility of reduction of 3 or 6 credits somehow by creating a "-Course Fast Charge, Design, Production, Innovation" kinda thing. This is a lot of bureucracy but would be very motivational and would decrease the work load or being counted as Tironcinio and deduction of X credits. Main prof can make this come true.

11) Having access to sensor readings from tests when the car was running once upon a time.

12)(Optional) Getting people to do and improve software(to do data analysis for the data)(Ready data analysis software can be bought and could be developed by the software people rather then making it from scratch. or website for publicity (ex: revolve.no/) and for professional look(I know Arc-Ink people were against website and thought that it wouldn't be useful but I still think that it is nice to have and it is quite easy to a website).

13) (Very very Optional)(All theoretical)(New People can write thesis')(Artificial Intelligence, Control Engineering) Recruiting People To do stuff(thesis' by getting guidance from Artificial I. professors) related to driverless (serious planning required), getting advice from a professional or other teams to how to start up and having a seperate leader. Someone for steering actuation, emergency braking and many other fields(perception-sensor fusion, trajectory planning, trajectory following, hardware)(Tutto incredibilmente opzionale)

14) I'm not getting into the technical stuff (not sure where to start
    I won't be in team Revolve due to some personal reasons but I had the chance to work with them for almost a month.

I will be available always for anything anytime can contact me from here.

Buona Fortuna e Arrivederci!

0 replies since 13/9/2018, 00:10   14 views